Thursday, June 16, 2011
Well, goodbye bloggers, and for the rest of the people in my school, good luck on exams and have a great summer. !
Outside Article :
Hard work is what also accounts for the band’s fiercely loyal following, according to Shadows. “It’s rewarding ‘cause you know you have this really solid core fan base that has been through a lot and they believe in the band now as more than a band, it’s like a lifestyle,” he says. “If anything happens we don’t ever fall, it’s like they’re holding us up. We’re not on the radio, but everywhere we go we always have this rabid group of fans. We would’ve never had that if we had some lucky break and just jumped to the point we’re at now. I hope it gradually keeps going up. The slower you go the more I think it builds underneath you and we’re grateful for that. They can’t just get pulled out from underneath us. There’s nothing you can grab to pull; it’s fans that love that band. So, it’s very gratifying to be at this place now.”
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Outside Article --
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
-if you knew, what i know, would you move like you do, with malicious discontent you went about, hell bent to destroy, but did you have a reason why?
-one can, only feel desolate for so long
-hate can be a positive emotion when it forces you to better yourself
-And I've burned my bridges down that lead back to people like you
-some live so wrong, with what we do is each his own, living in fear, endless shame for countless years
-you've never had to crawl, you've never had to see, what it feels like to be so trapped underneath
-lets make a new start, cause everybody's gotta die sometime
-We've all made selfish bad decisions, we've all tried dishing out the blame, convinced ourselves of our own actions, my problem is I'll never change
-there's gotta be another way to go, a way that's much more feasible, a combination of these lives; a central path without choosing a side
-living's a wicked dream when things turn out all wrong
-nothing to heal, no one to break, nothing to trust, no one to fake; you'll find out sooner that it's best if we just know our place
-i cant trust anyone, witness and see it in my eyes, now i understand, put faith in you for the last time, it's sorrow that feeds your lies
-don't live your life in vain, don't take it out on me, your cracked so just remember, I'm not your enemy
These are pictures of the band, while playing ;
Outside Article !
Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan was the main writer for "Almost Easy", "A Little Piece of Heaven", "Afterlife" and "Brompton Cocktail". He wrote parts for "Critical Acclaim", and "Lost". He also wrote "Welcome to the Family", and "Fiction". The last song Avenged Sevenfold wrote for their latest album Nightmare was Fiction, which was originally titled Death. It was written by the Rev three days before he passed away.
Monday, June 13, 2011
"Oh sh*t, what's in the bucket, what's in the bucket but a bucket of sh*t and
a bucket of grapes and grapes in the mouth make you happy down south." - The Rev's song.
" ya don't play guitar with ya neck bro, ya play it with ya bum bum" - synyster gates
"Yeah, we get dudes trying to look like us all the time. Some of the fat chicks even try and dress up like Zacky!' - Matt
"dude one day i'm gonna get off the bus, and run into the woods and never come back....... and when i come back i'm gonna be the knife master - matt berry
Interviewer: What types of super-powers would you want if you could have them?
The Rev: I’d like to be invisible so I could kill Johnny.
Johnny: I’d want to be invisible so the Rev couldn’t find me.
"I asked for a salad and all i got was these condiments." (picks up a huge piece of lettuce). -Zacky
"I want x-ray vision, sometimes. So that i could check out Syn's package." - Zacky
-"Look at that f***ing duck! That's the biggest f***ing duck i've ever seen in my life!" - Jimmy
These are photos of avenged sevenfold -
Friday, June 10, 2011
Outside Article '
"A Little Piece of Heaven" redirects here. For the television film, see A Little Piece of Heaven (film).
During production the band had taken great freedom in exploring different genres and styles of rock and heavy metal music. A noticeable difference between Avenged Sevenfold and City of Evil is that some of the songs take a slower pace and tempo to suit a more hard rock approach, a decision that was met with mixed responses within the fan base.
"Critical Acclaim" is the opening track on the album and features a gothic style organ in the intro. During the band's tour this song was a very frequent opener. "Almost Easy" is the second song on the album and features a thrash metal style reminiscent of City of Evil. The song also contains a keyboard overdub played by Greg Kusten. Other songs on the album contained overdubs for extra detail such as "Unbound (The Wild Ride)", which featured a background choir (this song has never been performed live), String quartet orchestras are featured in "Afterlife" and "Brompton Cocktail", both of which were written by The Rev. "Scream" also contained overdubs in its bass line for extra detail. "Lost" made use of Auto-Tuned vocals and the song "Dear God" is a country rock ballad.
The most experimental song on the album is "A Little Piece of Heaven", which was originally written by The Rev while he took a break from the recording sessions. It is a hard rock song but is influenced by Broadway show tunes, using primarily brass and stringed instruments to take over most of the role of the lead and rhythm guitar. The animated video of the song tells the story of a man and woman, both unnamed; the man proposes to the woman, who declines and angers the man in doing so. The man kills her and has sex with her. Eventually, the woman comes back to life and the man realizes his mistake and the woman kills him before forgiving him. Once they are both dead, the man and woman invade a wedding and get married. It is one of the band's darker and more humorous songs lyrically and is a fan favorite. Although it has never been released as a single, the band released an unofficial animated video of the song, which plays during live performances. The band closed their concerts with the song since the release of Avenged Sevenfold through 2009.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Outside Article ;;
You asked for it and you got it. Avenged Sevenfold are back by popular demand to headline the Rockstar Energy Drink UPROAR Festival in 2011. The tour kicks off on August 26 and runs through October 15. Make sure you keep up on www.AvengedSevenfold.com and www.RockstarUPROAR.com for more information on ticket pre-sales.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
• Zacky is a left handed guitarist.
• Zacky is 5'9 and has green eyes.
• Sour Patch Kids is Zackys favorite candy.
• Zackys scariest Halloween memory is cleaning up after his 2006 Halloween party.
• Zackys white guitar with the red spashes on it he calles the gynocologist has been stolen 3 times in the past. It somehow always gets returned to him. Zacky also nicknamed himself the gyncologist for obvious reasons.
• Zacky learned to play guitar on his fathers right handed guitar. In order to make it work he turned it upside down.
• Zacky smokes Marlboro Reds.
• Zacky has played guitar since he was 13 and was self taught.
• Zacky has had many different hair colors and styles throughout his career.
• Zacky came up with the foREVer phrase that we all hold dear to our hearts in rememberance of Jimmy.
• In the early days, Zacky played an entire set with a broken finger he got after a fight with Johnny Christ.
• Zacky's first actual guitar that he owned was a white Squire Strat that his parents got him for his birthday. Zacky found thier hiding place and he was caught playing it 2 weeks before his birthday by his parents. The guitar was right handed and he had to turn it upside down to play it. He also removed the buttons and reversed the strings. He immediately started working on playing Zepplin tunes.
• Zacky created the 6661 logo he has on his guitar. 6661 has a double meaning according to Zacky. The first being its the reverse of the year the band was created, 1999. The explaination for the second meaning is as follows: As most people are aware 666 in religious circles stands for the devil/satan. So Zackys explaination is 666 meaning satan/devil and 1 or won which translates to the devil won.
• In 2010, Zacky was chosen one of Guitar Worlds 30 Coolest Guitarist of all-time.